Crop Sciences and Outreach Program (CSOP)
- To conduct research on introduction, selection, evaluation and genetic improvement of oilseeds, cereals, pulses, fodder and horticultural crops in general and for resistance against biotic and abiotic stresses in particular.
- To identify and introduce suitable Integrated Pest Management Techniques.
- To develop and disseminate advanced crop production technology packages among the farmers, NGOs, provincial and national line departments.
Natural Resources management program (NRMP)
- To conduct research for improved range management, agro-forestry and biodiversity conservation.
- To monitor and evaluate climate change impacts on agricultural productivity and suggest appropriate adaptation measures.
- Biodiversity conservation and desertification control by promotion of native species.
Alternate Energy Resource Program (AERP)
- To undertake research and disseminate appropriate technologies on use of renewable energy in agriculture.
- Rehabilitation and utilization of marginal lands for production of bio-fuel plants.
- Establishment of nurseries for production of saplings of biofuel plants.
Land & Water Resources Research Program (Newly Proposed)
- Use of saline and brackish water for saline aquaculture, agriculture and range agroforestry.
- Development and dissemination of water saving and high efficiency irrigation technologies.
- Restoration and re-habilitation of degraded arid rangelands.
- Reclamation of salt affected soils and brackish water.