The Planning & Development Division of PARC is responsible for planning, processing, coordination, monitoring, review & evaluation of agricultural research projects and programs. Since its creation, the Division is playing key role in preparation and implementation of agricultural research and development programs of PARC and involved in almost all the steps of project cycle i.e identification, formulation, appraisal, financing, approval, implementation & evaluation. In addition to its regular activities, ALP Secretariat was created in 2000 in Planning Directorate for operation of Agricultural Linkages Program.
Functions of the Planning & Development Division:
- Development of National Agricultural Research Priorities and prepare research projects in line with these priorities. And also prepare national agricultural research plan in line with five years Development Plan of GOP;
- Examination and appraisal of research projects under PSDP submitted by PARC scientists and their processing and defending for approval at appropriate forums (DDWP, CDWP, ECNEC) and justification of PSDP of PARC at different forums (Priorities Committee, APCC and NEC);
- Participation in review meetings in the Ministry of National Food Security and Research, the Planning Commission and the Finance Division;
- Priority setting of competitive grants projects (ALP), invitation of project proposals and referring of proposals to the technical experts/reviewers, TAC and BOD;
- Execute the Competitive Grants projects under the direction of Technical Advisory Committees and Board of Directors;
- Implementation of Mega R & D Projects of PARC;
- Conduct monitoring, evaluation and impact assessment of agricultural research projects, programs and institutions; and
- Assist the Ministry of National Food Security and Research in the preparation of agricultural research policies.