- PARC Declared BARI, Chakwal and ARI, Tarnab Peshawar as center of excellence for olive.
- Punjab government declared Pothwar Region as Olive valley.
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa declared Sang Batti as Olive valley.
- Olive oil extraction unit at ARI, Tarnab was repaired/ rehabilitated.
- Facilitation to the farmers for oil pressing facility from olive fruit free of cost by the project.
- Olive mother orchards at Sangbhatti (60 acres), CCRI Pirsabak (25 acres) and ARI Tarnab (10 acres) were rehabilitated. These will be utilized for the project activities i.e. demonstration/experimentation etc and plant propagation for the project.
- Prepared and published a broacher on olive production technology and economic analysis.
- A nursery with controlled environment has been rehabilitated at NARC, Islamabad.
- Baluchistan component of olive participated in annual sibi show from February 24 to 28, 2014 and displayed various olive plant samples and distributed olive oil, olive tea, olive nursery plants& olive pickles to deserving poor farmers and to high dignitaries as well.
|Fig.2. Olive promotion stall at sibi show (sibi mella), 2014|
- Adaptability trials of olive varieties at 93 different locations in the country had been conducted to get the data for optimum performance of some specific varieties under certain environmental conditions.
- A comprehensive GIS system has been developed to see the olive orchard under the project on Google earth.
- Project has identified unknown productive olive cultivars at Khyber Pakhtunkhwa through DNA finger printing by the scientists of Plant Genetic Research Institute (PGRI), NARC.
- Experiments on Rooting Media at Chakwal, Murree and Soon Valley Nowshehra for propagation of olive cuttings.
- Experiments were also conducted on value addition of olive fruit for preparation of olive jam, biscuits, pickle in oil, sweets, olive beauty cream and some other makeup items.
|Fig.2. Olive Bakery Products and Olive Pickle|