Crop Science Research Program (CSRP)
- To conduct research on introduction, evaluation, selection and multiplication and also conservation of germplasm of cereals, pulses, fodder, fruits and vegetables for development of area specific varieties/cultivars resistant to biotic and abiotic stresses.
- To develop technologies for processing and value addition of fruits, vegetables, medicinal, and other high value cash crops.
- To conduct studies on improved crop management practices and disseminates these among the end users.
- To carryout research on identification and introduction of suitable integrated pest and diseases management techniques.
- To develop and disseminate advance crop production technologies/packages among the farmers, NGOs and relevant departments.
Natural Resources Research Program (NRRP)
- To find out the soil fertility status and nutriment requirement in different parts of the region and to provide soil and plant sample analysis services to the farmers, NGOs and relevant departments.
- To establish nurseries of multipurpose tree species for plant multiplication in the region.
- To conduct research on range lands, high altitude pastures and biodiversity conservation.
- To develop integrated management techniques for range lands involving local communities.
- To undertake relevant activities for introduction and evaluation of local and exotic grasses and fodder shrubs involving local communities.
- To test range and agro-forestry models for improvement of forage and wood production.
- To develop and disseminate best water conservation and management practices including high efficiency irrigation systems to enhance crop water productivity.
Fisheries and Livestock Research Program (FLRP):
- To conduct research studies on cattle and small ruminants management, breeding, disease control and improvement
- To conduct research on Yak breeding, disease control and conservation.
- To conduct studies on poultry introduction and demonstration (Broiler and layer)
- To conduct research on farming, feed preparation, disease control and disease free fingerling production of trout and other cold water fish species.
- To conduct studies for the introduction of Kamloops Trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss kamloops) and other potential fast growing species on large scale.