- Productivity enhancement of rice (Basmati and Coarse Varieties) through development of high yielding, stress tolerant hybrids and varieties of rice.
- Development of inbred lines to be used for hybrid rice development.
- Develop genetic variability through hybridization.
- Selection of desirable transgressive segregants from the populations for the development of rice varieties.
- Screening for biotic and abiotic stresses
- Hybridization for combining of desired genes
- Testing of Filial generations supported by DNA finger printing for target genes
- Combining ability studies
- Testing of advance lines in micro-plots and NURYT trials