Coordination and Monitoring Division is established in pursuance of ‘Independent Third Party Evaluation Report’ and post devolution scenario in the 10th meeting of PARC Executive Committee held on 17th October 2012. It consists of three Directorates namely; International Cooperation, National Coordination, and Training, each having its own mandate and objectives.
The functions of this Division mainly include; i) coordination between PARC and national agricultural research systems of many countries (bilateral links), and UN/CGIAR/US based agricultural research agencies (international development partners), ii) coordination and facilitation of research at national level, and iii) identification of training needs (local/foreign) for NARS and arrangement of pre-service and in service training along with budget & placement proposals.
- Coordination and facilitation of research at International and National level
- Develop and maintain Linkage with CGIAR and other international research institutions as Focal Point.
- Coordinate/ collaborate Research on trans-provincial and trans-boundary issues.
- Identify areas for gap filling research to address equity issues as provincial research systems are not at par with respect to resources and technical/ qualified manpower.
- Minimize duplication/over-lapping of research activities in the NARS and ensure greater complementarily and synergy.
- Arrange expeditious Transfer of technologies to the stakeholders.
- Capacity Building
Following Directorates are functional under Cooridnation & Monitoring Division: