The oilseed crops have prime importance an integral part of cropping system in Pakistan. The oilseed crops include rapeseed-mustard, canola, sunflower, soybean, groundnut, sesame, linseed and safflower.
To achieve above mentioned objectives and to strengthen research and development activities at national level. Pakistan Agriculture Research Council has declared the following research institute as cooperative units for oilseed crops in all provinces:
- Oilseed Research Program, NARC, Park Road Islamabad
- Barani Agriculture Research Institute, (BARI) Talagang Road, Chakwal
- Regional Agriculture Research Institute (RARI), Bahawalpur
- Arid Zone Research Institute, G.T. Road, Bahawalpur
- Oilseed Research Institute AARI, Faisalabad
- Nuclear Institute for Agriculture Biology, (NIAB) Jhang Road, Faisalabad.
- Oilseed Research Program, ARI, Tarnab G.T. Road,Peshawar
- Nuclear Institute for Food & Agriculture, (NIFA) G.T. Road, Tarnab Peshawar
- Agricultural Research Institute,Tandojam, Sindh
- Oilseed Research Institute, (ARI) Soriab Road,Quetta
- Agriculture Research Station, (ARS) Khanpur.
- Arid Zone Research Centre, Ratta Kulachi, Dera Ismail Khan (D.I.Khan)
- Agricultural Research Institute, Mingora Swat
- Nuclear Institute for Agriculture, (NIA) Tandojam Sindh.
- FCRS Goner Farm, Chillas (District Diamer) Gilgit-Baltistan
- Agriculture Research Station, Ahmad Wala Karak
All the correspondence regarding coordination activities (i.e. NUYT, Germplasm, Annual Planning Meetings, Travelling Seminars, Exchange of Information, etc) on OILSEED CROPS may please be addressed to National Cooridnator.
|PARC, Room # 406, G-5/1, Islamabad||Ph: 051-90762406, Cell: 0307-5117676|