Crops include in Cereal System are Rice, Maize, Millet, Sorghum and Fodder. These crops play an important role in the cropping system and economy of Pakistan. To achieve the above mentioned objectives and strengthen research and development activities at national level the following Agricultural Research Institutes have been declared by competent authority in the council as cooperative units for Cereal System crops in all provinces:
- Rice Research Program, NARC, Park Road Islamabad
- Rice Research Institute, Kala Shah Kaku, Lahore.
- Soil Salinity Research Institute, Pindi Bhattian, Hafizabad.
- Nuclear Institute for Agriculture Biotechnology, Jhang Road, Faisalabad.
- Agricultural Research Institute (North), Mingora, Swat, KPK.
- Agricultural Research Institute, D.I. Khan, KPK.
- Rice Research Institute,Dokri, Larkana, Sindh.
- Rice Research Station,Sujawal, Thatta, Sindh.
- Agricultural Research Institute, Sariab, Quetta.
- Department of Agriculture, Gojra, Muzaffarabad, AJK.
Maize Sorghum and Millet (MSM)
- Maize, Sorghum and Millet (MSM) Research Programme, NARC, Islamabad.
- Maize and Millet Research Institute (MMRI), Yousafwala, Punjab
- Barani Agriculture Research Institute, (BARI) Talagang Road, Chakwal
- Reagional Agricultural Research Institute, Bahawalpur, Punjab.
- Cereal Crops Research Institute (CCRI), Pirsabak, KPK
- Arid Zone Research Centre, D.I. khan, KPK
- Agriculture Research Institute D. I. Khan, KPK
- Agriculture Research Institute Tandojam, Hyderabad, Sindh
- Maize and Millet Research Station, Dadu, Sindh
- Agriculture Research Institute, Sariab, Quetta, Balochistan
- Department of Agriculture,Gojra, Muzaffarabad, AJK
- Fodder Research Programme, NARC, Islamabad.
- Fodder Research Institute Sargodha, Punjab.
- Department of Plant Breeding and Genetics, University of Agriculture, Faisalabad.
- Department of Plant Breeding and Genetics, KPK Agricultural University, KPK.
- Agricultural Research Institute, Tarnab, Peshawar, KPK.
- Agricultural Research Institute, Tandojam, Hyderabad, Sindh.
- Agricultural Research Institute, Sariab, Quetta, Balochistan.
All the correspondence regarding coordination activities (i.e. NUYT, Germplasm, Annual Planning Meetings, Travelling Seminars, Exchange of Information, etc) on crops in Cereal System crops (i. e. Rice, Maize, Sorghum, Millet and Fodder) may please be addressed to the National Coordinator.
Dr. Muhammad Yousuf,
|PARC, Room # 416, G-5/1, Islamabad||Ph: 051-90762416, Cell: +92-345-5430342|