Pakistan Agriculture Research Council revived the Coordination System to strengthen National Coordination Research System for the commodities in the Horticulture and Field Crops at national level. It will led by National Coordinator, and supported by Provincial Research Institutes and PARC establishments. The objectives of coordination system are:
- To coordinate research and development activities of respective crop commodity/system with International, Federal and Provincial Research and Education Institutions, development partners, civil society, farmers & other stakeholders.
- To identify research gaps at National Level. Promote steps for cultivation of respective crops to increase production/productivity.
- To develop and maintain database knowledge for respective crops/crop system.
- To maintain liaison and working relationship with all the stakeholders including private sector organization, NGO’s, civil society and farmers.
- To acquire and distribute indigenous and exotic germplasm of respective crops
- To arrange and supervise National Uniform Yield Trail (NUYT) of respective crops.
- T o arrange annual planning meeting, Variety Evaluation Committee (VEC) meeting, Traveling Seminars and Conferences/ Workshops related to respective crops.
- To arrange Trainings for Capacity Building of Researchers, Academia, Extension Workers, Farmers and other stakeholders for the respective crops.
The following National Commodity Programmes has been established under National Coordinators: